Wednesday 18 January 2012

Dont Tell the Bride!

Two sets of my wonderful friends is getting married in March this year and I'm Bridesmaid at both weddings!

The first to Tie the Knot are my friends Kirsty & Gareth, and to celebrate the Hen night we are going away to Centre Parks! I wanted to make something that could be kept as a reminder of the weekend and have been secretly crafting for the past 6 months.

So, inspired by some of the lacy and romantic wedding/party photos shoots in Mollie Makesmagazine, I designed rosettes for each of the wedding party!

Bride to Be

Mum of the Bride

Bridesmaids

The lace and fancy bits are a combination of vintage scraps I had lying around, bargain bin offcuts from Leeds markets and repeated trips to Samuel Taylors! The Bride to be is a big lover of all things pink, hence the colour scheme. I wanted to avoid the traditional Hen Night neon and make something a bit classier.


I also wanted the other hens to have something in the same theme as the wedding party, but as ever was rapidly running out of time (where does it go?!?). I decided to make a smaller, simpler rosette to make sure that they were done in time! Each one is slightly different, and has a unique sequinned or embroidered embellishment to the centre.


These were put into 'party bags' which were personalised by the fabulous folksy seller Shinta Shop and filled with sweeties.




No comments:

Post a Comment